|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||College Sponsored||OU Sponsoring College:||College of Engineering|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Theresa Marks|
Engineers in Italy: FALL 2015When: August 24 - December 18, 2015
Course Package: Open to all College of Engineering students in good academic standing in the college, with at least a 2.50 GPA
- Italian Language and Culture course (required)
More advanced students will take 3 hours of ITAL 2113, 2223, or 3073.
MLLL 1393 Italian Cultural Literacy
This 3 hour course provides a basic introduction to Italian culture and society with some situational language vocabulary and practice. This course assumes that students have no Italian language background and do not plan to continue studying Italian upon returning to Norman. This course is aimed at students in professional colleges (Architecture, Engineering, Business, etc) for whom a 5-credit hour course significantly restricts the opportunity to study abroad in this program.
- General Education offerings (optional, TBA)
And at least three courses from the Engineering offerings (TBD):
Course numbers will vary based on student’s primary major and level. Students will be enrolled into the appropriate courses for their specific degree program.
Grad credit available in one or more of the engineering courses.
Application & Scholarship Information
- Online application Deadline: Friday, February 27, 2015
- Funding Study Abroad: Many internal and external scholarships are available to fund study abroad including some Federal Financial Aid packages. Click here for more information!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship (funds airfare) – pays up to 100% of airfare costs.
- College of Engineering Study Abroad Fellowship: Will be open to applicants in January 2015 – awards of $500 or more based upon need.
The OUA Program Fee for the Fall 2015 is $2,000. Please see the below budget for more information.
OUA Budget Sheet + Cancellation Policy (TBA)
The College of Engineering Program Fee for 2015 is $1,500
- $350 – Engineering Program Deposit due upon acceptance into the program, with remaining balance due no later than March 27, 2015. This Engineering Program Deposit is part of the $1,500 Engineering Program Fee meaning after you pay the deposit, you owe $1,150 toward the Engineering Program Fee.
*Note: You may pay towards the program fee by credit or debit card via this link: https://market.ou.edu/C20233_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=84&SINGLESTORE=true
You may also pay by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to the University of Oklahoma. Checks and cash should be submitted to the College of Engineering Dean's Office, Room 107 Carson Engineering Center.
|OU in Arezzo, Italy||OU in Norman, Oklahoma||Differential|
|Tuition/Fees||Same as OU in Norman||Same||n/a|
|OUA Semester Program Fee||$2,000||$2,000|
|College of Engr Program Fee||$1,500||$1,500|
|Housing - Comparable to OU in Norman|
|High end total||$5,850|
|*College of Engineering Fellowship - Assists with Program Fee||Applicants may qualify for CoE Study Abroad Fellowship which will go toward this amount.||$500 to $1,000|
|**Airfare||Presidential International Travel Fellowship (PITF), if granted, will cover up to 100% of airfare.||$0-$1,650|
|***Additional Study Abroad Scholarships||Applicants are encouraged to apply for a variety of scholarships open to students who study abroad for a semester or more.||Varies.|
|Low end total||$2,500 or less|
Note: All Financial Aid and Scholarships apply the same for credits taken in Arezzo just as in Norman.
For further information, contact:
|Dates / Deadlines:|