|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||College of Engineering, Faculty Led, OU in Arezzo||Study Abroad Adviser:||Theresa Marks|
Engineers in Italy: FALL 2014When: August 18 - December 12, 2014
Course Package: Open to all College of Engineering students in good academic standing in teh college, with at least a 2.50 GPA
- Italian Language and Culture course (required)
More advanced students will take 3 hours of ITAL 2113, 2223, or 3073.
MLLL 1393 Italian Cultural Literacy
This 3 hour course provides a basic introduction to Italian culture and society with some situational language vocabulary and practice. This course assumes that students have no Italian language background and do not plan to continue studying Italian upon returning to Norman. This course is aimed at students in professional colleges (Architecture, Engineering, Business, etc) for whom a 5-credit hour course significantly restricts the opportunity to study abroad in this program.
- General Education offerings (optional, TBA)
And at least three courses from the following Engineering offerings:
CEES 2113 – Statics
ENGR 2002 – Professional Development
ISE 3293 – Applied Engineering Statistics
ENGR 4510 – Disruptive Technologies and Ideation
ENGR 4003 - Professional Practice II
ECE 4433 – Measurements and Automation
ECE 4773 – Laboratory Special Projects (Capstone)
*Other engineering offerings TBD
Grad credit available in one or more of the engineering courses.
Application & Scholarship Information
- Online application Deadline: Friday, March 14, 2014.
- Funding Study Abroad: Many internal and external scholarships are available to fund study abroad including some Federal Financial Aid packages. Click here for more information!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship (funds airfare) – pays up to 100% of airfare costs.
- College of Engineering Study Abroad Fellowship: Will be open to applicants in January 2014 – awards of $500 or more based upon need.
The OUA Program Fee for the Fall 2014 is $1,650 Plese see the budget for more information
OUA Budget Sheet+Cancelation Fee.docx
The College of Engineering Program Fee for 2014 is $1,500
- $350 – Engineering Program Deposit due no later than March 14, 2014 which is the application deadline. This Engineering Program Deposit is part of the $1,500 Engineering Program Fee meaning after you pay the deposit, you owe $1,150 toward the Engineering Program Fee.
- April 12th, 2014 – A payment of $650 is due.
- May 10th, 2014 – A payment of $500 is due.
*Note: All checks should be made payable to the OU Foundation. You may also pay by cash, credit or debit card.
|OU in Arezzo, Italy||OU in Norman, Oklahoma||Differential|
|Tuition/Fees||Same as OU in Norman||Same||n/a|
|OUA Semester Program Fee||$1,650||$1,650|
|College of Engr Program Fee||$1,500||$1,500|
|Housing - Comparable to OU in Norman|
|High end total||$4,800|
|*College of Engineering Fellowship - Assists with Program Fee||Applicants may qualify for CoE Study Abroad Fellowship which will go toward this amount.||$500 to $1,000|
|**Airfare||Presidential International Travel Fellowship (PITF), if granted, will cover up to 80% of airfare.||$0-$1320|
|***Additional Study Abroad Scholarships||Applicants are encouraged to apply for a variety of scholarships open to students who study abroad for a semester or more.||Varies.|
|Low end total||$2,480 or less|
Note: All Financial Aid and Scholarships apply the same for credits taken in Arezzo just as in Norman.
For further information, contact:
Theresa Marks, Director of Advising & Study Abroad Liaison
Williams Student Services Center
OU College of Engineering
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|