Alexandru Ioan Cuza University
Iasi, Romania (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Alexandru Iona Cuza University is the oldest higher eduation institution in Romania
- The University is located in Iasi, a leading center of Romanian social, cultural, academic, and artistic life in the historic Moldovia region
- Set yourself apart by studying in an underrepresented destination in Central Europe!
- Passport (Valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU Professors
- Host University Application
AcademicsAlexandru Iona Cuza offers coursework in Business, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Computer Science, American Studies, Foreign Languages, and Translation taught in English to study abroad students. A list of courses and subjects taught in English can be accessed by following this link.
Students interested in studying in Romania may be interested in Intensive study of the Romani Language, which is also offered by Alexandru Iona Cuza University.
To view previously equated courses at Alexandru Iona Cuza, please click the following link: Alexandru Iona Cuza University - Course Equivalency Information (no current course equations)
- Fall: October - February
- Spring: February - June
Money MattersSince this program is a University Exchange program, you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Alexandru Iona Cuza University. Use this Alexandru Iona Cuza Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs
There are a number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - a need-based scholarship to cover the cost of airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell Grant recipients
- Boren Awards for International Study - a nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year that is due in February, so apply early for Spring programs!
HousingOn-campus accomodation in the residence halls is guaranteed for international students. For more information on Alexandru Iona Cuza's on-campus housing options, click here. Students do have the option to pursue priivate housing.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 session to learn the basics about study abroad and your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Romania to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|