Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Krakow, Poland (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Polish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Established in 1364, Jagiellonian is the oldest university in Poland and the second oldest university in central Europe.
- Krakow is a lively city at the center of Polish academic, cultural and artistic life
- Located in the heart of Europe, Krakow acts as a transportation crossroads, making travel to other parts of Europe convenient.
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from OU professors
- Host University Application in Phase 3
- Residence Permit
Jagiellonian University offers courses in English in the following subject areas: European Studies, Geography, History, Humanities, International Studies, Polish Studies and Sociology.
Courses for Exchange Students
Previously equated course information can be found here: Jagiellonian University - Course Equivalency Information.
The University offers an optional intensive two-week preparatory Polish Language course for incoming students for an additional cost. To learn more, please visit the School of Polish Language and Culture's website.
Fall Semester: October - February
Spring Semester: February - June
Click here to see important dates
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Jagiellonian University.
Use this Budget Estimate for Jagiellonian University in Krakow to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination
Exchange students can apply for university dormitories through the International Students Office. Shared (double) room are available in a student dormitory, however student housing is limited and not guaranteed. In the event that student housing is not available, there is a university-supported network to help students located and rent private accommodation.
If you decide not to live on-campus, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Jagiellonian University in Krakow to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2018||09/17/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed