This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Jagiellonian University in Krakow
Krakow, Poland (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Polish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Nick Aguilera|
|Language Category:||Language Category B||Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- In addition to being the oldest university in Poland, Jagiellonian University is also the second oldest university in Central Europe and one of the oldest universities in the world.
- In 2006, The Times Higher Education Supplement ranked Jagiellonian University as Poland's top university.
- Live in Krakow, a lively and beautiful city at the center of Polish academic, cultural, and artistic life
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 1 recommendation letter from any OU professor
- Host University Application
- Residence Permit
The following English-taught subject areas are open to exchange students: Polish Studies, International Relations, Area Studies, History, Sociology, Geography, and Humanities. Unfortunately, the following areas of study are not available to exchange students: Medicine, Public Health, and Law. Click here to search for courses.
The University offers an optional intensive two-week preparatory Polish Language course for incoming students. To learn more, please visit the School of Polish Language and Culture's website.
Previously equated course information can be found here: Jagiellonian University in Krakow - Previously Equated Course Information.
- Fall Semester: October - January
- Spring Semester: February - June
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Jagiellonian University.
Use this Jagiellonian University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for spring programs!
Exchange students can apply for university dormitories through the International Students Office. Shared (double) room are available in a student dormitory, however student housing is limited and not guaranteed. In the event that student housing is not available, there is a university-supported network to help students located and rent private accommodation.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Poland to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed