Eotvos Lorand University
Budapest, Hungary (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover|
|Language Category:||Language Category B||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Study in Budapest, often cited as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe.
- Take courses in English in a wide variety of departments
- Spend your free time exploring the capital city's two sides, Buda and Pest, each with their own distinct character
- 2.5 GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after returning from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU Professors
- Host University Application
- Hungarian Residence Permit
Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) offers a variety of courses in English. To view courses in English offered to international students, visit the Eötvös Loránd Course Listing homepage, then select your department (faculty). If there are courses available in English, there will be a link to a list.
Previously equated courses can be found here: ELTE - Previously Equated Coursework
HousingStudents can live in university residences or private housing. Three student dormitories are available to international students, however this housing is not guaranteed and in limited supply.
Because student housing is not guaranteed and is in limited supply, many students opt to rent and share flats or apartments in Budapest. ELTE’s Housing Office will assist students in finding the right accommodation.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Eotvos Lorand University.
Use this Eotvos Lorand University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Hungary to move on to Phase 2!
Information on Hungary provided by the Hungarian Embassy
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed