Eotvos Lorand University
Budapest, Hungary (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
Eotvos Lorand University is full for the Spring 2017 semester. You can join the wait list by emailing email@example.com or you can apply for one of our other Spring 2017 programs.
- Founded in 1635, Eotvos Lorand University is the largest university in Hungary.
- Budapest offers vast cultural and historical opportunities.
- Stretching along the banks of the Danube, Budapest allows students to explore its two distinct districts – hilly Buda and flat Pest.
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professors
- Host University Application in Phase 3
- Residence Permit
Eotvos Lorand University (ELTE) offers a variety of courses in English. Courses are offered in the Humanities, Physical Sciences, Math, Music Education, Economics, and more. To explore course options, click the link below:
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Eotvos Lorand University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Eotvos Lorand University - Course Equivalency Information
Fall: September - January
Spring: February - July
Exact dates are available here.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Eotvos Lorand University.
Use this Eotvos Lorand University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Students have the option to live in university residences or private accommodations. University housing is not guaranteed. Because student housing is limited, ELTE’s Housing Office often helps students determine what accommodations options are best for students.
If you decide not to live on-campus, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Hungary to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed