|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Program Type:||University Exchange|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Greek||Study Abroad Adviser:||Alex Spellis|
|Language Category:||Language Category C|
- Location: The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki is located in Thessaloniki, Greece, near the center of the city.
- Academics: Most of the courses are taught in Modern Greek. A few departments offer classes in English.
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar and on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to the host university or local entities.
- Housing: You will have the option to live in a University dormitory or you can find your own accomodation.
This program is ideal for laid-back students with great flexibility in course requirements and expectations!
Most courses are taught in Modern Greek with occasional options for textbooks in English. There are some departments that offer courses in English:
- Faculty of Law, Economics, & Political Science
- School of Journalism & Mass Media Communication (English version coming soon!)
- School of English Language & Literature
- Autumn semester: First of October to the end of January
- First of March to end of May (for the faculties of Law, Economics and Journalism)
- Mid-February to the end of May (for English, French, German and Italian Philology)
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to your OU Bursar, and housing/meals/immigration documents will be paid to your host country.
There are not many scholarships specifically for study in Europe. However, there are a number of national scholarships generally for study abroad that you can apply for! Here's a partial list to get you started; visit our scholarships page for more!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Student dormitory housing is offered to exchange students with single, double, or triple room options. Alternatively you can find off-campus housing independently if you do not want to live in university-provided housing.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU professor
- Host University Application
There are currently no seats available for the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 semesters at this destination. If you are interested in studying in Thessaloniki for the Fall 2014/Spring 2015 term please apply by February 21st!Get Started
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Greece to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed