|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Greek, Italian|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin||Language Category:||Language Category C|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki is the largest and top ranked university in Greece.
- Thessaloniki has a number of archaeological sites, dating back to the 2nd century AD.
- The School of Modern Greek Language offers courses for exchange students throughout the semester.
- Passport (Valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU Professor
- Host University Application in Phase 3
Most courses at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki are taught in Modern Greek. However, there are courses in English taught in the Faculty of Law, the School of Journalism and Mass Communications and the School of Economics.
In addition, intensive Modern Greek language courses are offered for exchange students.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - Course Equivalency Information
Fall Semester: September - January
Spring Semester: February - May
Click here to see important dates.
Use this Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are not many scholarships specifically for study in Europe. However, there are a number of national scholarships generally for study abroad that you can apply for! Here's a partial list to get you started; visit our scholarships page for more!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki does not offer residence hall options for exchange students. The International Office does aid students with finding living arrangements for their time in Thessaloniki.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Aristotle University of Thessaloniki to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed