|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Greek, Italian||Study Abroad Adviser:||Nick Aguilera|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Study in Thessaloniki, a friendly city with an active cultural life
- Aristotlte University of Thessaloniki is the largest higher education institution in Greece
- This program is ideal for students with great flexibility in course requirements and expectations!
- 2.5 GPA
- Passport (Valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU Professor
- Host University Application
Most courses at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki are taught in Modern Greek, however there are courses in English taught in the Faculty of Law, the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, the Foreign Language Faculties, and the School of Economics.
Students may be able to arrange executive work projects (similar to independent study) with faculty in other departments.
An intensive Modern Greek language course is offered to exchagne students free of charge.
Previously equated course information can be found here: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki - Course Equivalency Information.
- Autumn semester: Late September - Late January
- Spring semester: February - July
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar, and housing/meals/immigration documents will be paid to Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Use this Budget Estimate for Aristotle University of Thessaloniki to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs.
There are not many scholarships specifically for study in Europe. However, there are a number of national scholarships generally for study abroad that you can apply for! Here's a partial list to get you started; visit our scholarships page for more!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki offers two stuednt residences. The University also provides assistance finding private accomodation.
Get StartedStart by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Greece to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed