Blaise Pascal University - Pole Universitaire et Technologique (Vichy)
Vichy, France (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English, French|
|Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French||Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari|
|University Name:||Blaise Pascal University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- This program is ideal for students wishing to take Business/International Area Studies courses in English, while learning French on the side.
- The city of Vichy is well known throughout history for many reasons. People from the Greeks to Napoleon Bonaparte have visited Vichy for the natural spring water. Vichy was strategically important during the Second World War, and most recently the U.S. Men's Olympic Swim Team trained in Vichy before the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 recommendation letters, from any 2 OU Professors
- There is no French Language prerequisite for this program
- Host University Application
- Students who study at Blaise Pascal University- POLE can enroll in courses in English, and French language-learning. See the Brochure here.
- FALL SEMESTER: European History, EU history, structures and policies, unity and diversity, Negociating techniques, Negociating in practice, Principles of management, Project management, Doing Business in France, Selling in other countries, International Business, Research Project and Meeting France, Meeting French 1,2 et 3
- SPRING SEMESTER: Cross-cultural communication : theory and fundamentals, Cross-cultural communication in practice, Principles of finance, France as a tourist destination, The European Union : unity and diversity, Business strategy, Export sales management, International Marketing, International Business, Research Project and Meeting France, Meeting French 1,2 et 3
- The Fall semester usually runs from early September - mid December.
- The Spring semester usually runs from late January - early June.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses in Vichy.
Use this BPU-Vichy Budget Sheet-Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Exchange students can get more info on Housing here. You can see a tour of the Claudius Petit Residence here. If you do not live on-campus you will be responsible for your own off-campus housing.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for France to move on to Phase 2!
Photos and Resources
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: France
|How did study abroad add to your college experience?|
|It made me realize the importance of college. There will be a day when I return to Europe and I will do it thanks to the successes I will hopefully experience upon graduation. Thank you Europe, for motivating me to do better, so I can see you again someday.|
|— Michael Massad, Spring 2011|
|Read what others have said about this program.|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|