This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
City University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Shanna Vincent|
|Language Category:||Language Category B||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Most classes are offered in English and many people in the city speak English
- Hong Kong is an important city culturally, economically, and internationally
- City University of Hong Kong has a beautiful campus conveniently located in
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professor
- Host University Application
A wide range of courses are offered to exchange students in English, from the Colleges of Business, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering, and the Schools of Creative Media, Energy and Environment, and Law.
Courses for Exchange Students
To see courses previously taken by OU students at City University of Hong Kong and their OU equivalents click the following link: City University of Hong Kong - Course Equivalency Information.
- The Fall semester usually runs from early September - December.
- The Spring semester usually runs from January - May.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to City University of Hong Kong.
Use this City University of Hong Kong Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Asia Scholarships - a list of known study abroad scholarships for Asian destinations
- Special scholarship for students taking a full course load in the College of Science and Engineering. The scholarship requires a special application so please begin early!
Exchange students can apply for a limited number of student dormitories at City University of Hong Kong. If you do not live on-campus you will be responsible for your own off-campus housing.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Asia to move on to Phase 2!
Photos and Resources
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Asia
|What has study abroad done for you?|
|I have became more independent for the past four months. I was able to take care of myself without any help and I was able to find my way around on my own. I feel accomplished and proud in what I have done for the past four months and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Hong Kong.|
|— Paulinna Huynh, Spring 2011|
|Read what others have said about this program.|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed