Brno, Czech Republic (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Czech, French, German, Russian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin||University Name:||Marsaryk University|
|Language Category:||Language Category B||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
Masaryk University is full for the Spring 2017 semester. You can join the wait list by emailing email@example.com or you can apply for one of our other Spring 2017 programs.
- Masaryk University offers both pre-semester and semester-long Czech language learning options for foreign students.
- The university teaches a variety of Arts and Sciences course in English.
- Located in Brno, Masaryk University is close to a number of internationally renowned cultural events and historic sites.
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from OU professors
- Host University Application
Masaryk University offers courses taught in English for exchange students in the following departments: Arts, Economics and Administration, Education, Informatics, Law, Science, Social Studies, and Sport Studies.
In addition, there are two types of Czech language courses offered:
1. An intensive, pre-semester Czech language course during the orientation week program. Students can take part in this course by paying the orientation week fee.
2. A Czech language course for foreigners offered during the semester, for a special fee.
Fall Semester: September - February
Spring Semester: February - July
Click here to see important dates
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Masaryk University
Use this Masaryk University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for spring programs!
Masaryk University offers five distinct dormitory options for incoming exchange students. More information about housing at Masaryk University or private accommodation options can be found here.
If you decide not to live on-campus, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Masaryk University to move on to Phase 2!
|What was the most memorable part of your study abroad?|
|— Helen Kerwin, Spring 2011|
|Read what others have said about this program.|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.