Jonkoping International Business School
Jonkoping, Sweden (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Apartments||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Swedish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Jönköping International Business School (JIBS) has more international students than any school in Sweden
- JIBS three guiding principles are international at heart, entrepreneurial in mind and responsible in action
- Jonkoping is located in southern Sweden, along the shore of Lake Vattern
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU Professor
- Host University Application in Phase 3
- Residence Permit
JIBS offers courses in business, law, and economics. Courses can be viewed here.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at JIBS and their OU equivalents click the following link: Jonkoping International Business School - Course Equivalency Information
Fall Semester: August - December
Spring Semester: January - June
Click here for more information
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to JIBS.
Use this Jonkoping International Business School Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Accommodation is guaranteed for exchange students as long as they apply before the deadline. The university does not own housing facilities itself, but rents apartments and rooms from the city and private housing companies. Foreign students apply for housing with the university system through the university's central administration services. There is a housing coordinator who helps with this process.
If you decide not to live in these accommodations, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Jonkoping International Business School to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed