London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.7|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover|
|University Name:||Middlesex University||Language Category:||Language Category A|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Middlesex University is located just a short tube ride away from central London – students have a wide array of cultural and social events right at their finger tips
- The Research Excellence Framework ranked Middlesex the best modern university in London for research power in 2014
- Middlesex offers a free airport pickup service and an extensive orientation week, including a London scavenger hunt and trip to Oxford
- Full academic year of study only
- 2.7 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Exchange students at Middlesex University may take any courses offered at the university. Subjects available include: Art & Design, Business, Computer Science, Education, Film & Media Studies, Natural Sciences, Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Social Work, and Sports & Exercise Sciences.
Courses for Exchange Students
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Middlesex University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Middlesex University - Course Equivalency Information.
September – May
* Students who choose to study at Middlesex University must study for a full academic year
Exact dates are available here.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Middlesex University.
Use this Budget Estimate for Middlesex University to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
Note: this estimate is for a full academic year program.
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- BUTEX Scholarships for North American Students - for study abroad in the United Kingdom
On-campus residence halls are conveniently located on or near Middlesex campuses. Single or suite-style rooms are available to students, typically with shared bathrooms and shared kitchens. For more information about university accommodations, click here.
If you decide not to live on-campus, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the United Kingdom to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|