London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin||University Name:||Middlesex University|
|Language Category:||Language Category A||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Middlesex University is located just a short tube ride away from central London – students have a wide array of cultural and social events right at their finger tips
- The Research Excellence Framework ranked Middlesex the best modern university in London for research power in 2014
- Middlesex offers a free airport pickup service and an extensive orientation week, including a London scavenger hunt and trip to Oxford
- Full academic year of study only
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professors
- Host University Application in Phase 3
Exchange students at Middlesex University may take any courses offered at the university. Subjects available include: Art & Design, Business, Computer Science, Education, Film & Media Studies, Natural Sciences, Performing Arts, Social Sciences, Social Work, and Sports & Exercise Sciences.
Courses for Exchange Students
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Middlesex University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Middlesex University - Course Equivalency Information
September – May
* Students who choose to study at Middlesex University must study for a full academic year
Exact dates are available here.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Middlesex University.
Use this Middlesex University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
* Note: this estimate is for a full academic year program.
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- BUTEX Scholarships for North American Students - for study abroad in the United Kingdom
On-campus residence halls are conveniently located on or near Middlesex campuses. Single or suite-style rooms are available to students, typically with shared bathrooms and shared kitchens. For more information about university accommodations, click here.
If you decide not to live on-campus, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Middlesex University to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|