|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.7|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover|
|University Name:||Middlesex University||Language Category:||Language Category A|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Middlesex boasts one of England's largest studnent populations, which plays a part in Middlesex's place as one of Britain's largest and most dynamic universities.
- From theaters and operas to house bands and discotheques, professional sports, incredible food, and royalty, there are an incredible number of activities and sights in London to experience outside the classroom
- Studying alongside British and international students at one of the top three London universities for its teaching and learning will give you a truly global perspective while gaining first hand experience of the British education system.
- Some of Middlesex University's best amenities are the state-of-the-art facilities comprising learning resources, buildings, sporting facilities and accommodation. You will no doubt gain insight into the British work environment as well as enhance your skills and career prospects
- Full academic year of study
- 2.7 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from any OU Professor
- Host University Application
There are many courses available to students spending a full academic year at Middlsex University. Click here to access detailed course listings and descriptions. Be sure to note the particular campus (Trent Park, Hendon, or Cat Hill) where your desired courses are offered. Since the campuses are spread throughout the city, it is recommended to select classes from one of the three campuses.
To view previously equated courses at Middlesex University, please click the following link:
Middlesex University - Course Equivalency Information
Fall: October - December
Spring: January - May
Since this program is a University Exchange program, you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Middlesex University.
Use this Middlesex University -Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs.
There are a number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need-based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell Grant recipients
- BUTEX Award for North American Students - award for North American students who study in the UK
On-campus halls of residence are conveniently located on or near Middlesex campuses. Single or suite-style rooms are available to studnets, typically with shared bathrooms and shared kitchens. For more information on Middlesex University's on-campus housing options, click here.
Students who would prefer pursuing private accomodation or would like to live with a British family can receive help from the International Office at Middlesex to make these housing arrangements. More information can be found on Middlesex University's Accomodation website.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 session to learn the basics about study abroad and your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the United Kingdom to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed