This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Technical University of Braunschweig
Braunschweig, Germany (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||German|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||4 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||German|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover||University Name:||Technical University of Braunschweig|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- The Technical University of Braunschweig is located in a medieval city, with a modern feel, in central Germany.
- There is an extensive pre-semester orientation program and a peer student program for all incoming exchange students.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Four Semesters of College-Level German
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from an OU German Professor and another OU Professor
- Host University Application
- Residence Permit
Exchange students may take German language courses and any regular course for which they have the appropriate background. The departments of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Sciences and Information Sciences offer courses taught in English.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at the Technical University of Braunschweig and their OU equivalents click the following link: Technical University of Braunschweig - Course Equivalency Information.
Fall Semester (Wintersemester): Mid-October - Mid-February
Spring Semester (Sommersemester): Mid-April - Mid-July
Click here to see important dates
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to the Technical University of Braunschweig.
Use this Budget Estimate for Technical University of Braunschweig to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) - an undergraduate scholarship for students studying abroad at a German university
Accommodation for exchange students is provided through the Studentenwerk. The Studentenwerk at TU Braunschweig has seven residence halls with more than 1,800 rooms for university students. Exchange students can also choose to independently search for their own or shared apartments.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Germany to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed