Technical University of Braunschweig
Braunschweig, Germany (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||German|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||4 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||German||Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin|
|University Name:||Technical University of Braunschweig||Language Category:||Language Category C|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Braunschweig is a medieval city, with a modern feel, located in central Germany
- TU Braunschweig offers an extensive pre-semester orientation program and a buddy program for all incoming exchange students
- The University is Germany's oldest institute of technology
- Four Semesters of College-Level German
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from an OU German Professor and another OU Professor
- Host University Application in Phase 3
- Residence Permit
Exchange students may take German language courses and any regular course for which they have the appropriate background. The department of Mechanical Engineering offers courses taught in English.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at the Technical University of Braunschweig and their OU equivalents click the following link: Technical University of Braunschweig - Course Equivalency Information
Fall Semester (Wintersemester): October - February
Spring Semester (Sommersemester): April - July
Click here to see important dates
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to the Technical University of Braunschweig.
Use this Technical University of Braunschweig Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) - an undergraduate scholarship for students studying abroad at a German university
Accommodation for exchange students is provided through the Studentenwerk. The Studentenwerk at TU Braunschweig has seven residence halls with more than 1,800 rooms for university students.
If you decide not to live in these accommodations, you will be responsible for your own housing arrangements.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the Technical University of Braunschweig to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2018||09/17/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed