This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Technical University of Berlin
Berlin, Germany (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||German|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||4 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||German|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover||University Name:||Technical University of Berlin|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- The Technische Universität Berlin (TUB) is located in the large and vibrant capital city of Germany.
- As a comprehensive teaching and research institution, the Technische Universität Berlin offers a wide range of majors and degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Four Semesters of College-Level German
- Recommended: Five Semesters - including Advanced German Composition
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from an OU German professor and another OU professor
- Host University Application
- Residence Permit
A pre-semester German language course, worth 5 ECTS, is available to exchange students for 270 EUR. The semester-long “German for Foreigners” language courses are not included in the reciprocal exchange program, but students can take a language-learning course at their skill level (placement test upon arrival) for a fee of 48 EUR per course and semester, transferring back the equivalent of 3 OU German language credit hours per course.
During the semester, exchange students are expected to take courses with German students. Exchange students may select any courses provided through the seven TUB colleges. Additionally, courses may be taken at both the Humboldt and Free Universities while participating as an exchange student through TUB, but exchange students must take half of their course load at TUB.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at the Technical University of Berlin and their OU equivalents click the following link: Technical University of Berlin - Course Equivalency Information.
Fall Semester (Wintersemester): October - February
Spring Semester (Sommersemester): April - July
*These dates do not include the final examinations
Click here for more information about dates and deadlines
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to the Technical University of Berlin.
Use this Budget Estimate for the Technical University of Berlin to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) - an undergraduate scholarship for students studying abroad at a German university
Student housing is available on campus. While students may choose to find private housing independently, this is a much more difficult task and students are not encouraged to pursue that option.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Germany to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed