Technical University of Berlin
Berlin, Germany (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||German|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||4 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||German||Study Abroad Adviser:||Monica Goodwin|
|University Name:||Technical University of Berlin||Language Category:||Language Category C|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- The Technical University of Berlin (TUB) is located in the large and vibrant capital city of Germany.
- As a comprehensive teaching and research institution, TUB offers a wide range of majors and degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A three week pre-semester orientation and German course (worth 3 OU credits) is offered each semester for only 270 Euros
- Four Semesters of College-Level German
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from an OU German professor and another OU professor
- Host University Application in Phase 3
- Residence Permit
Exchange students take any regular courses, provided they have the appropriate academic background. TUB offers a variety of courses in its seven colleges - Humanities, Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Process Sciences, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering and Transport Systems, Environmental Sciences, and Economics and Management.
The semester-long “German for Foreigners” language courses are not included in the reciprocal exchange program, but students can take a language-learning course at their skill level (placement test upon arrival) for a fee of 48 EUR per course and semester, transferring back the equivalent of 3 OU German language credit hours per course.
Additionally, courses may be taken at both the Humboldt and Free Universities while participating as an exchange student through TUB, but exchange students must take half of their course load at TUB.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at the Technical University of Berlin and their OU equivalents click the following link: Technical University of Berlin - Course Equivalency Information
Fall Semester (Wintersemester): October - February
Spring Semester (Sommersemester): March - July
Click here for more information about dates and deadlines
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to the Technical University of Berlin.
Use this Technical University of Berlin Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) - an undergraduate scholarship for students studying abroad at a German university
Student housing is available on campus. While students may choose to find private housing independently, this is a much more difficult task and students are not encouraged to pursue that option.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the Technical University of Berlin to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed