This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Karl-Franzens University Graz
Graz, Austria (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English, German|
|Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover|
|University Name:||Karl-Franzens University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- The university offers a three-week pre-semester language course and an optional buddy program.
- With over 300 courses in English, the University of Graz is a great option for Business, Social Sciences and Humanities majors!
- The city's historic Old Town and its castle, "Schloss Eggenberg," have both been named part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters - one from an OU German professor and another OU professor
- Host University Application
- Foreign Documentation:
- Semester: Visa (Prior to Departure)
- Academic Year: Residence Permit (After Arrival)
For German language courses, exchange students may take a pre-semester, three-week course that is worth 6 ECTS and costs 160 EUR. There are also semester-long German language courses that are worth 3 ECTS.
Exchange students may also take any regular course, except Pharmacy courses, provided they have the appropriate academic background. Some faculties on campus provide courses taught in English.
Due to a uniqure cooperation agreement with Graz University of Technology, exchange students at Karl-Franzens University Graz are able to co-enroll at TU Graz at no additional cost. TU Graz has a wide range of courses taught in English in various faculties, to search all courses, please click here.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Karl-Franzens University Graz and their OU equivalents click the following link: Karl-Franzens University Graz - Course Equivalency Information.
Fall Semester (Wintersemester): October - January
Spring Semester (Sommersemester): March - July
Click here to see important dates
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Karl-Franzens University Graz.
Use this Budget Estimate for the University of Graz** to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
** Academic year students must buy Austrian National Health Insurance ($75/month) and their residence permit ($165) after arrival.
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Most OU students live in the university-owned dorms that offer a wide range of prices and floor plans. Most are easily accessible to the university by public transportation. Occasionally, students will live in shared private flats. Exchange students will be contacted by the IRO Graz concerning the housing arrangements. IRO Graz does not arrange private accommodation but only dorm rooms.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Austria to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed