Ankara, Turkey (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Wyatt Schmitz|
|University Name:||Bilkent University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Set in the capital city of Ankara, Bilkent University is a major center of research
- Courses taught in English, in a variety of subjects – from engineering to humanities and arts
- Free, extensive pre-semester orientation course, including Turkish language courses, tours and various activities around Ankara
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professor
- Host University Application
- Student Visa
The faculty to student ratio is only 1:10, and class sizes range from 5-60 students, with an average class size of about 20 students.
Exchange students can take a number of courses in the following faculties:
- Applied Technology and Management
- Art, Design and Architecture
- Economics and Social Sciences
- Humanities and Letters
To see courses previously taken by OU students at City University of Hong Kong and their OU equivalents click the following link: Bilkent University - Course Equivalency Information.
- The Fall semester usually runs from early September - January.
- The Spring semester usually runs from February - May.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Bilkent University.
Use this Bilkent University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for spring programs!
Bilkent University offers free on-campus accommodations for incoming exchange students!
Subject to availability, this offer is valid for double rooms at Bilkent’s student dormitories. Explore the on-campus housing options by clicking here.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the Middle East to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|