This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Middle East Technical University
Ankara, Turkey (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Arabic, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Jennifer Grover|
|University Name:||Middle East Technical University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- METU has 40 undergraduate programs in 5 faculties, and all courses are taught in English!
- METU’s campus covers over 17 square miles and includes Lake Eymir, which is available to students for rowing, fishing, picnicking and other recreational activities
- Among off campus facilities, METU has lodges in Elmadag, a small mountain town, and a resort at Uludag near Bursa, where mountain climbing and various skiing activities are possible.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professor
- Host University Application
- Student Visa
All courses at METU are taught in English. Exchange students are able to take courses in all faculties –
- Arts and Sciences
- Economics and Administrative Sciences
- The Fall semester usually runs from early October - January.
- The Spring semester usually runs from February - June.
Because this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Middle Eastern Technical University.
Use this Middle Eastern Technical University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
METU guarantees on-campus accommodations to all exchange students. There are three types of campus dormitories – shared, semi-private and private. METU also has a limited number of student apartments. For more information about housing, click here.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the Middle East to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed