|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Armenian, French, German, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Wyatt Schmitz|
|University Name:||Bogazici University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- All university courses, apart from language courses, are taught in English!
- Located in Istanbul, Bogazici University is the leading institution of Turkish higher education.
- As a crossroads between Europe and Asia, Istanbul offers a unique opportunity for students to experience the blending of various unique cultures.
- 3.0 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation letters from any OU professor
- Host University Application
All courses, apart from language courses, are taught in English and open to exchange students. Bogazici offers courses in a variety of disciplines, including chemical engineering, management, political science, mathematics, molecular biology and much more. To explore classes, visit the following link:BU Course Schedule
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Bogazici University and their OU equivalents click the following link: Bogazici University - Course Equivalency Information.
- The Fall semester usually runs from early September - January.
- The Spring semester usually runs from February - May.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Bogazici University.
Use this Bogazici University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
The only dormitory option for exchange students is the Superdorm. The Superdorm is located on the Bogazici University campus and offers living in 4-bedroom suites, with shared kitchens, living areas and bathrooms. If you choose not to live on-campus, you will be responsible for your own off-campus housing.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Asia to move on to Phase 2!
|What was the most memorable part of your study abroad?|
|Unlike visiting a country, when you study abroad you really become immersed in the community and culture. I loved getting to know the people in my neighborhood and learning to speak their language. They were all incredibly patient and kind, smiling whenever I attempted to speak. I loved walking down my street waving at my neighbors. I felt part of their community.|
|— Caitlin Miles, Academic Year 2010|
|Read what others have said about this program.|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed