Seoul, South Korea (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||Korean|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean||Study Abroad Adviser:||Wyatt Schmitz|
|University Name:||Soong Sil University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Study and live in Seoul, the capital city of South Korea
- Gain insight into Korean culture through monthly cultural activities facilitated by Soongsil University
- Soongsil University's Asian Studies Certificate program is a great fit for Asian Studies majors or minors
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from an OU Professors
- Passport (Valid six months after return from study abroad)
- Host University Application
17% of all courses taught at Soongsil University are taught in English. The Departments of Life Long Education, Christian Studies, English Language and Literature, and Business Management and Media offer most coursework in English. To view more course information, please see this Soongsil University Course Registration page.
Asian Studies majors or minors should strongly consider Soongsil's Asian Studies program.
To see previously equated courses at Soongsil Univresity, please click the following link: Soongsil University - Course Equivalency Information.
Fall: August - December
Spring: March - June
Soongsil University has two designated student dormitories. Room choices range from single to double to quadruple occupancy. There are common rooms on each floor, while on-site facilities include a fitness center, convenience store, laundry facilities, and a post office. All rooms have direct internet access.
Soongsil University offers a scholarship opportunity to students from the University of Oklahoma that could cover the expenses for accommodation and IT fees, meaning you may not have to pay for housing while living on campus.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Soongsil University.
Use this Soongsil University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Asia Scholarships - a list of known study abroad scholarships for Asian destinations
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for South Korea to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|