|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English, Korean|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Chinese, French, German, Korean, Russian, Spanish||Study Abroad Adviser:||Nick Aguilera|
|Language Category:||Language Category B||Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Seoul National University is regarded as the indisputable leader of advanced education in Korea
- Take courses in English in a wide variety of departments
- Seoul University's Gwanak Main Campus has a beautiful mountain background and is conveniently located in Seoul, the capital of South Korea
- Seoul National University's International Students Association hosts activities and cultural events throughout the year
- 3.0 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 recommendations from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Although the language of instruction at Seoul National University is normally Korean, the University offers a wide variety of courses in English. All courses are open to exchange students with the exception of courses offered by the Colleges of Medicine and Dentistry. Courses offered by Seoul National University can be searche by the major/department on this SNU Curriculum page.
A list of courses offered each semester is available at the beginning of January or July each year.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Seoul National University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Seoul National University - Course Equivalency Information.
Fall Semester: September - December
Spring Semester: March - June
Most exchange students live in the Gwanaksa Dormitory. All rooms offered are double occupancy with communal restrooms, partitioned showers, and laundry services available on each floor. The dorm is equipped with a reading room and a lounge with televisions, community refrigerators, and microwave ovens for common use.
A number of off-campus living options are available, including studio apartments, boarding house accomodations, and a homestay program. Short, three day homestays can also be arranged for SNU students to experience Korean family life.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Seoul National University.
Use this Seoul National University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Asia Scholarships - a list of known study abroad scholarships for Asian destinations
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for South Korea to move on to Phase 2!Additional Resources
Seoul National University "At a Glance"
Life at Seoul National University
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed