|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||English, Korean|
|Housing Type:||Student Dormitories||Minimum GPA:||2.7|
|Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian||Study Abroad Adviser:||Wyatt Schmitz|
|University Name:||Sungkyunkwan University||Language Category:||Language Category B|
|Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) has two campuses in Seoul, South Korea - the Seoul campus and the Suwon campus
- You can take classes in English in a large variety of departments. Korean language study is also available for no extra cost
- Sungkyunkwan University is a top-rated university in South Korea
- 2.7 Combined GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 Recommendation Letters from OU professor, instructor or TA
- Host University Application
Sungkyunkwan University offers a number of courses in English for exchange students! Visit http://www.skku.edu/eng/ and click on Academics for a list of departments and a course catalog.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Sungkyunkwan University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Sungkyunkwan University - Course Equivalency Information
Exchange students can live on either campus, preferably on the campus where you are taking classes.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Sungkyunkwan University.
Use this Sungkyunkwan University Budget to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Sungkyunkwan University to move on to Phase 2!
Student Blogs: here and here.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2018||09/17/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed