This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Beijing Normal University
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||Chinese||Program Type:||University Exchange|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||2 Semesters||Housing Type:||Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Study Abroad Adviser:||Shanna Vincent|
|Language Category:||Language Category C|
- Location: Beijing Normal University is located in China's capital city of Beijing, home to the Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square, and the Temple of Heaven.
- Academics: Most students take only Chinese language/culture classes. See more below!
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar and on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to Beijing Normal University or local entities. See below for more information on cost!
- Housing: Exchange students live in student dormitories - see more below!
Most OU students take only Chinese language and culture courses at Beijing Normal University, although there are some courses taught in English each semester! It is possible for you to take regular courses in Chinese but a very high level of fluency is required to do this (level 6 on the HSK test).
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Beijing Normal University and their OU equivalents click the following link: Beijing Normal University - Course Equivalency Information.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to Beijing Normal University.
Use this Beijing Normal University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
- Asia Scholarships - a list of known study abroad scholarships for Asian destinations
You will live in one of several international student dorms; you can rank your preferences on the application in Phase 3. Use this comparison chart of the different housing and cost options when budgeting and ranking housing.
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- CHIN 1225 or higher complete before study abroad semester
2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from any OU professor
- 1 from an OU Chinese language professor
- Host University Application
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for China to move on to Phase 2!
Past Student Experiences
OU Student Blog: John in China
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: China
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed