Blaise Pascal University
Clermont-Ferrand, France (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||French|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||2 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||Blaise Pascal University|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Blaise Pascal University is one of OU's oldest university exchanges and the city of Clermont Ferrand is Norman's Sister City!
- The city is nestled next to a dormant volcano, has beautiful parks, and is home to the Michelin Tire Company. Excursions are offered by various student groups.
- Watch Video on the city!
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 recommendation letters: 1 from any OU professor, 1 from an OU French Language Instructor
- Host University Application
- Students who study at Blaise Pascal University will enroll in courses at the local language-learning center, FLEURA. Find out more here.
- You have the opportunity to go before the start of the fall semester for a pre-term intensive language course.
- After taking an initial placement exam students begin their courses which include oral/written practice, French civilization, phonetics, etc.
- You must have a minimum of two semesters of college-level French in order to participate in the FLEURA intensive French program. You must have a minimum of 6 semesters of French to apply to all other regular coursework.
- The Fall semester usually runs from mid September - mid January.
- The Spring semester usually runs from mid January - late June.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses in Clermont-Ferrand.
Use this Blaise Pascal University Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Seymour Feiler Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Exchange students can apply for student dormitories at BPU. If you do not live on-campus you will be responsible for your own off-campus housing. More info on Housing click here.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for France to move on to Phase 2!
Photos and Resources
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: France
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed