|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||French||Program Type:||University Exchange|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||2 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||Blaise Pascal University|
|Language Category:||Language Category C|
- Blaise Pascal University is one of OU's oldest university exchanges and the city of Clermont Ferrand has strong ties to Norman.
- This program is ideal for students wanting to learn French from beginning to advanced levels. Check out the student guide!
- Students studying for the academic year can take a position as an English teacher and earn up to 530 Euro/month.
- Cost: the cost for this program is detailed below, but keep in mind the scholarship especially for BPU!
- The city is nestled next to a dormant volcano, has beautiful parks, and is home to the Michelin Tire Company. Excursions are offered by various student groups.
Students who study at Blaise Pascal University will enroll in courses at the local language-learning center, SUEE (pictured below). Find out more here.
You have the opportunity to go before the start of the fall semester for a pre-term intensive language course.
- After taking an initial placement exam students begin their courses which include oral/written practice, French civilization, phonetics, etc.
Please see the attached guide for an estimated semester budget.
Students that study at Blaise Pascal University will be offered a room in the university dorms. Dorms in France are almost always individual and smaller than dorms in the U.S. You will have shared common areas that include a TV room and kitchen. The pictures below are from Residence Philipe Lebon, which is the most common residence for OU students.
- You must have a 2.5 Combined Retained GPA.
- You must have a minimum of two semesters of college-level French in order to participate in the SUEE intensive French program. You must have a minimum of 6 semesters of French to apply to all other regular coursework.
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from any OU professor
- 1 from an OU French language professor
- Host University Application
- Visa (dependent on nationality)
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for France to move on to Phase 2!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed