Blaise Pascal University
Clermont-Ferrand, France (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||French|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||2 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||Blaise Pascal University|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- Blaise Pascal University is one of OU's oldest university exchanges and the city of Clermont Ferrand is Norman's Sister City!
- The city is nestled next to a dormant volcano, has beautiful parks, and is home to the Michelin Tire Company. Excursions are offered by various student groups.
- Watch Video on the city!
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 2 recommendation letters: 1 from any OU professor, 1 from an OU French Language Instructor
- Host University Application
- Students who study at Blaise Pascal University will enroll in courses at the local language-learning center, FLEURA. Find out more here.
- After taking an initial placement exam students begin their courses which include oral/written practice, French civilization, phonetics, etc.
- You must have a minimum of two semesters of college-level French in order to participate in the FLEURA intensive French program. You must have a minimum of 6 semesters of French to apply to all other regular coursework. Learn about the classes with the locals here.
- The Fall semester usually runs from mid September - mid January.
- The Spring semester usually runs from mid January - late June.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses in Clermont-Ferrand.
Use this Blaise Pascal University Budget Sheet to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Seymour Feiler Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
Exchange students can apply for student dormitories at BPU. If you do not live on-campus you will be responsible for your own off-campus housing. More info on Housing click here.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to https://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Blaise Pascal University to move on to Phase 2!
Photos and Resources
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: France
Watch a student experience here!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.