Pontifical Catholic University of Peru
Lima, Peru (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||6 or More Semesters||Housing Type:||Host Family|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Zeeshan Malik||University Name:||Pontifical Catholic University of Peru|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Undergraduate|
- The Pontifical Catholic University of Peru is located in the coastal metropolis of Lima.
- Lima, the largest and capital city of Peru, has an amazingly intricate ecosystem.
- The 2019 Pan American Games will be hosted in Lima!
- 3.0 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- Six or more semesters of College-Level Spanish
- 2 Recommendation Letters: OU Spanish Professor and another OU Professor
- Host University Application
- Enter on Tourist Visa, then change status at the Migrations Office in LIma
PUCP offers a wide variety of classes in many fields. Some of these fields are: architecture, art, sciences, law, social sciences, economics, education, communication, humanities, engineering, psychology and theology. Exchange students are allowed to take any course that they can handle based on their academic backgrounds. Click here for a complete list of departments and course offerings at PUCP.
There are also Spanish language courses offered to international students for an additional cost to be paid once at PUCP. For more information, please click here as well as ask your study abroad adviser for a copy of language course syllabi.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at PUCP and their OU equivalents click the following link: Pontifical Catholic University of Peru - Course Equivalency Information
Fall Semester (Second Semester): August - December
Spring Semester (First Semester): March - July
Current Semester Dates
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to the OU Bursar and housing/meals/living expenses to PUCP.
Use this Pontificial Catholic University of Peru Budget Estimate to help you plan for study abroad and compare programs!
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship - a nationally competitive award for Pell grant recipients
- Boren Award for International Study - nationally competitive award for study in an underrepresented destination. This scholarship has one application each year due in February so apply early for Spring programs!
Living with a host family is the best option for OU students. The families are screened and selected by the host university international office. Students interested in other lodging arrangements will be handled on a case by case situation, but approval is rarely given for independent apartment living.
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for the Pontificial Catholic University of Peru to move on to Phase 2!
Past Student Experience
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Advice for study Abroad
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Latin America
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed