This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru
Lima, Peru (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||6 or More Semesters||Housing Type:||Host Family|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Alex Spellis||University Name:||Pontifical Catholic University of Peru|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Undergraduate|
- Location: The Pontifícia Universidad Católica del Perú is in Lima, Peru. See the map below for more info!
- Academics: Students will take all classes in Spanish. See more below!
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar. Beyond this, it is possible for University of Oklahoma students to attend as fee-paying students under a direct-enroll model. You will pay on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to the University or local entities. See below for more information on cost!
- Housing: Students stay with host families. More info below!
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Pontifical Catholic University of Peru and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Pontifical Catholic University of Peru - Course Equivalency Information.
Credit Equivalency Policy for Spanish Section of MLLL
- First semester: August to December
- Second semester: March to July
- Students may attend for one semester, one academic year or one calendar year.
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Gilman International Scholarship
- 3.0 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 6 or more semesters of college-level Spanish
- 2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from an OU Spanish language professor
- 1 from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser listed at the top of this page to move on to Phase 2!'
Past Student Experience
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Advice for study Abroad
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Latin America
View Pontificia Universidad Catolica in a larger map
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed