This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Autonomous Popular University of the State of Puebla
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Program Type:||University Exchange|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||3 Semesters||Housing Type:||Host Family, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||Autonomous Popular University of the State of Puebla|
|Language Category:||Language Category C|
- Location: The Autonomous Popular University of the State of Puebla (known as UPAEP or "OOP aye ep") is in Puebla, Mexico, about 60 miles southeast of Mexico City. See the map below for more info!
- Academics: Students will take all classes in Spanish. See more below!
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar and on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to the University or local entities. During the summer it is "Direct enrollement", so you will pay the University there directly the tuition. See below for more information on cost!
- Housing: Students can stay in dorms or with host families. More info below!
international programs include a variety of curricular options for OU students, depending on their level of Spanish. Learn more about this great study abroad destination by clicking the following link: Boletin-UPAEP
Students with basic Spanish language skills can take intensive Spanish language courses during the semester and full-year programs. Advanced Spanish language students who have successfully completed SPAN 3423 or its equivalent may take regular courses with other UPAEP students in a wide variety of areas. Academic programs at UPAEP exist in many fields, including architecture and design, health sciences (including a strong dentistry program), journalism, business, philosophy, education and engineering. UPAEP also has an optional service-learning program for international students as part of the curriculum. An increasing number of courses in English are being added to the UPAEP curriculum for international students. A language placement exam is required for all international students coming to UPAEP. A number of OU students will be able to take a free pre-term two week intensive Spanish language program before the semester begins.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at UPAEP and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Autonomous Popular University of the State of Puebla - Course Equivalency Information.
Credit Equivalency Policy for Spanish Section of MLLL
- First semester: August to December
- Second semester: January to June
- Students may attend for one semester or one academic year
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Education Abroad Scholarships link
- 2.5 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 3 or more semesters of college-level Spanish
2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from an OU Spanish language professor
- 1 from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser listed at the top of this page to move on to Phase 2!'
Past Student Experience
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Advice for study Abroad
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Latin America
View Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla in a larger map
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed