Complutense University of Madrid
Madrid, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||6 or More Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments|
|Minimum GPA:||3.2||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||Complutense University of Madrid|
|Language Category:||Language Category D||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Location: The Universidad Complutense de Madrid is in Madrid, Spain. See the map below for more info on the city!
- Academics: Most students take only classes in Spanish. See more below!
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar and on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to UCM or local entities. See below for more information on cost!
- Housing: University Dormitories are not available, you find your own apartment in the city once you arrive. More info below!
Some students take advantage of the free pre-semester Intensive Spanish course offered for exchange students before either semester begins. In September the course is the 3 weeks before classes begin, but in February usually only two weeks prior.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Complutense University of Madrid and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Complutense University of Madrid - Course Equivalency Information.
Credit Equivalency Policy for Spanish Section of MLLL
- First semester: September to early February
- Second semester: February to June/July (varies by college)
- The academic calendar of this university requires students to stay for an entire academic year or participate in a Spring semester only. Although you can participate in the Fall semester, Complutense does not end early enough to allow OU students to return to campus in time to start Spring semester classes.
Complutense Budget Sheet- Estimate
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Gilman International Scholarship
- 3.2 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 6 or more semesters of college-level Spanish
- 2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from an OU Spanish language professor
- 1 from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser listed at the top of this page to move on to Phase 2!'
Past Student Experience
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Advice for study Abroad
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Spain
View Universidad Complutense de Madrid in a larger map
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|