This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Jaume I University
Castellon de la Plana, Spain
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Program Type:||University Exchange|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||5 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||University of Jaume I|
|Language Category:||Language Category C|
- Location: The Universitat Jaume I is located in Castellón de la Plana, Spain. See the map below for more info on the city!
- Academics: Most students take only classes in Spanish. See more below!
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar and on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to the University or local entities. See below for more information on cost!
- Housing: Students can select from dorms, apartments/shared flats, or home-stays. More info below!
online prior to arrival. For more information about courses offered at Jaume I University, please click here. Students should take care to enroll in courses taught in Spanish rather than Valenciano. For more information see here.
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Jaume I University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Jaume I University - Course Equivalency Information.
Credit Equivalency Policy for Spanish Section of MLLL
- First semester: September to early February
- Second semester: February to end of June
- The nature of this Spanish academic calendar means that OU students interested in staying for just one semester will usually have to go for the Spring rather than the Fall semester. Although you can participate in the Fall semester, Jaume I does not end early enough to allow OU students to return to campus in time to start Spring semester classes.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees and insurance to your OU Bursar, and housing/meals/immigration documents will be paid to your host country.
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Education Abroad Scholarships link
- 2.75 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 5 or more semesters of college-level Spanish
2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from an OU Spanish language professor
- 1 from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser listed at the top of this page to move on to Phase 2!'
Past Student Experience
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Advice for study Abroad
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Spain
View James I University in a larger map
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed