Jaume I University
Castellon de la Plana, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||OU applicants only|
|Program Type:||University Exchange||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Non-English Language Prerequisite:||5 Semesters||Housing Type:||Apartments, Host Family, Student Dormitories|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Non-English Language Learning Option(s):||Catalan, French, German, Latin, Spanish|
|Study Abroad Adviser:||Loy Macari||University Name:||University of Jaume I|
|Language Category:||Language Category C||Study Level:||Graduate, Law, Undergraduate|
- Location: The Universitat Jaume I is located in Castellón de la Plana, Spain. See the map below for more info on the city!
- Academics: Most students take only classes in Spanish. See more below!
- Cost: This is a University Exchange program, meaning you pay OU tuition/fees to the Bursar and on-site costs (housing, meals, etc) to the University or local entities. See below for more information on cost!
- Housing: Students can select from dorms, apartments/shared flats, or home-stays. More info below!
To see courses previously taken by OU students at Jaume I University and their OU equivalents, click the following link: Jaume I University - Course Equivalency Information.
Credit Equivalency Policy for Spanish Section of MLLL
- First semester: September to early February
- Second semester: February to end of June
- The nature of this Spanish academic calendar means that OU students interested in staying for just one semester will usually have to go for the Spring rather than the Fall semester. Although you can participate in the Fall semester, Jaume I does not end early enough to allow OU students to return to campus in time to start Spring semester classes.
Since this program is a University Exchange program you will pay OU tuition/fees to your OU Bursar, and housing/meals/immigration documents will be paid to your host country.
Jaume I University Budget Estimate
There are number of scholarships available for study abroad students. Below is a partial list to get you started!
- Presidential International Travel Fellowship - need based scholarship for airfare
- Gilman International Scholarship
- Education Abroad Scholarships link
- 2.75 Combined Retained GPA
- Passport (valid through six months after return from study abroad)
- 5 or more semesters of college-level Spanish
- 2 Recommendation Letters:
- 1 from an OU Spanish language professor
- 1 from any OU professor
- Host University Application
Start by attending a Study Abroad 101 information session to learn the basics about study abroad as well as your next steps. Then, log in to http://iadvise.ou.edu/studyabroad to schedule an appointment with the study abroad adviser for Jaume I University to move on to Phase 2!'
Past Student Experience
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Advice for study Abroad
OU Education Abroad Pinterest Board: Spain
View James I University in a larger map
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2017-2018||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2017||02/19/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.